MCP Annual Symposium
Spring 2014 Symposium Date Announced: March 3, 2014
The Eleventh Annual MCP Symposium will be held in the Spring of 2014 on Monday, March 3rd. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Lewis Cantley of Harvard. To learn more about Dr. Lewis Cantley's work, click here.
Spring 2014 Signal Transduction Research Training Symposium
March 3, 2014: Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery Forum
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Presents the Karl Beyer Lecture:
Dr. Lewis Cantley
Professor and Director,
Weill Cornell Cancer Center
New York-Presbyterian Hospital
Weill Cornell Medical College
"PI 3-Kinase and Cancer Metabolism"
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. – Registration
- 9:00-12:00 p.m.
- Brittany Jacobs "The Potential Role of TSC2 in the Mechanical Activation of mTOR Signaling"
- Trina Basu "Epigenetic Regulation of Synaptic Plasticity and Epilepsy in Tuberous Sclerosis Complex"
- Chantell Evans "Engineering a Sr2+ Sensor for Rapid Synaptic Vesicle Exocytosis"
- Lauren Zasadil "Clincally Relevant Concentrations of Taxol Cause Chromosome Missegregation Rather than Mitotic Arrest"
- Kevin Oelstrom "Evolutionary Conserved Intracellular Gate of Voltage-Dependent Sodium Channels"
- Stacey Kigar "Neuronal Sex Differences May Underlie Risk or Resilience to Mental Health Disorders"
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. – Karl Beyer Lecture
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. – Lunch
- 2:00-3:00 p.m. – Career Panel Discussion
- 3:00-4:30 p.m. – Posters Sessions with Refreshments
- 4:30 p.m. – Awards Ceremony
To register, please contact: Lynn Squire, (608) 262-9826, firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous years' keynote speakers have included Dr. John Condeelis, Ph.D.(Albert Einstein College of Medicine), Dr. Kenneth Walsh (Boston University School of Medicine), Dr. Palmer W. Taylor (University of California, San Diego School of Medicine), Dr. Joseph Schlessinger (Yale University), and Dr. Eric N. Olson (University of Texas Southwestern).