- 2009: Dr. Cynthia Koziol-White started a dual post-doctoral position at the U. of Penn-Philadelphia on October 1st, 2009. She is working for Dr. Angela Haczku and Dr. Reynole Panettieri in the Department of Medicine. Cindy is part of the Airways Biology Initiative studying asthma research, mouse model of asthma, airway disease and conducting clinical trials.
- Wright D, Sharma P, Ryu MH, Rissé PA, Ngo M, Maarsingh H, Koziol-White C, Jha A, Halayko AJ, and West AR (2013) Models to study airway smooth muscle contraction in vivo, ex vivo and in vitro: implications in understanding asthma.Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 26:24-36. Epub 2012 Aug 28. PMID:22967819 [PubMed – in process]
- Yeganeh B, Xia C, Movassagh H, Koziol-White C, Chang Y, Al-Alwan L, Bourke JE, and Oliver BG. (2013) Emerging mediators of airway smooth muscle dysfunction in asthma. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. 26:105-111. Epub 2012 Jul 6. PMID:22776693
- Edelson JD, Makhlina M, Silvester KR, Vengurlekar SS, Chen X, Zhang J, Koziol-White CJ, Cooper PR, Hallam TJ, Hay DW, and Panettieri RA Jr (2012).Invitro and invivo pharmacological profile of PL-3994, a novel cyclic peptide (Hept-cyclo(Cys-His-Phe-d-Ala-Gly-Arg-d-Nle-Asp-Arg-Ile-Ser-Cys)-Tyr-[Arg mimetic]-NH(2)) natriuretic peptide receptor-A agonist that is resistant to neutral endop-tidase and acts as a bronchodilator. Pulm Pharmacol Ther. S1094-5539(12). [Epub ahead of print] PMID:23154072
- Koziol-White CJ, Goncharova EA, Cao G, Johnson M, Krymskaya VP, and Panettieri RA Jr (2012). DHEA-S inhibits human neutrophil and human airway smooth muscle migration. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1822:1638-1642. PMID:22771498
- An SS, Wang WC, Koziol-White CJ, Ahn K, Lee DY, Kurten RC, Panettieri RA Jr, and Liggett SB (2012). TAS2R activation promotes airway smooth muscle relax-ation despite β(2)-adrenergic receptor tachyphylaxis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 303:L304-311. Epub 2012 Jun 8. PMID:22683571
- Koziol-White CJ, Damera G, and Panettieri RA Jr. (2011) Targeting airway smooth muscle in airways diseases: an old concept with new twists. Expert Rev Respir Med. 5:767-777. PMCID: PMC3276206
- Koziol-White CJ, and Panettieri RA Jr. (2011). Airway smooth muscle and immunomodulation in acute exacerbations of airway disease. Immunol Rev. 2011 Jul;242:178-185. Review. PMID:21682745
- Bertics PJ and Koziol CJ (2008). Signal Transduction. Middleton’s Allergy, 7th Edition. (Eds, Jr. Elsevier, et al) Edinburgh, UK.
- Kelly EAB, Koziol CJ, Clay KJ, Liu L-Y, Bates ME, Bertic PJ, and Jarjour NN (2009). Potential contribution of IL-7 to allergen-induced eosinophilic airway inflammation in asthma. J Immunology. 182:1404-1410. PMCID: PMC2851244