- 2009: David started law school at William Mitchell Law School in St. Paul, MN on August 2009. He plans on specializing in Intellectual Property. Coupling a JD with a PhD will enable David to have two languages, science and law, which will allow him to communicate effectively and in a persuasive manner as it comes to intellectual property concerning biotech and biopharma. Moreover, once he gets into the field of law, he will be able to do more than just patent law in biotech. Once he gets into the field he will have expertise in intellectual property law and patent law on a big picture, and trademarks and licensing on many levels.
- David is now a patent attorney in Tampa, FL
- Mellman DL and Anderson RA (2009). A novel gene expression pathway regulated by nuclear phosphoinositides. Adv Enzyme Regul. 49:11-28. Review PMCID: PMC3302184
- Gonzales ML,Mellman DL, and Anderson RA (2008). CKIalpha is associated with and phosphorylates star-PAP and is also required for expression of select star-PAP target messenger RNAs.J Biol Chem. 283:12665-73. PMCID: PMC 2431003
- Mellman DL, Gonzales ML, Song C, Barlow CA, Wang P, Kendziorski C, Anderson RA (2008). A PtdIns4,5P2-regulated nuclear poly(A) polymerase controls expression of select mRNAs. Nature. 451:1013-1017. PMID: 18288197 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Heck JN, Mellman DL, Ling K, Sun, Y, Wagoner MP, Schill NJ and Anderson RA (2007). A Conspicuous connection: Structure defines function for the phosphatidylinositol prosphate kinases family. Critical Revi Biochem & Mol Biology. 42:15-39. PMID:17364683