Technology Specialist at Mintz Levin: November 2013–Present (1 month)
- General practice, full service law firm
September 2012: Elaine became a patent technology specialist (she will be a patent agent as soon as she passes the patent bar). Job Duty: writing patent applications for a small intellectual property law firm in Portland, OR.
“If anyone in the program is thinking of an intellectual property career in the future, by all means forward my information to them.”
- Certificated Emergency Medical Technician
Awards and Honors
- Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Program Travel Award. Full funding to attend and present at American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics annual meeting (April 2012)
- Best Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Seminar (2011)
- Vilas Travel Award (2011)
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award NIH Predoctoral Fellowship. 2010-2012.
Skills: Western Blotting and Molecular Biology
- Andrew AS, Hu T, Gu J, Gui J, Ye Y, Marsit CJ, Kelsey KT, Schned AR, Tanyos SA, Pendleton EM, Mason RA, Morlock EV, Zens MS, Li Z, Moore JH, Wu X, and Karagas MR (2012). HSD3B and gene-gene interactions in a pathway-based analysis of genetic susceptibility to bladder cancer. PLoS One. 7:e51301. Epub 2012 Dec 19. PMCID: PMC3526593
- Morlock EV and Czajkowski C (2011). Different residues in the GABAA receptor benzodiazepine binding pocket mediate benzodiazepine efficacy and binding.Mol Pharmacol. 80:14-22. PMCID: PMC3127544
- Mason RA, Morlock EV, Karagas MR, Kelsey KT, Marsit CJ, Schned AR, and Andrew AS (2009). EGFR Pathway Polymorphisms and Bladder Cancer Susceptibility and Prognosis. Carcinogenesis. 30:1155-1160. PMCID: PMC2704279
- Andrew AS, Kelsey KT, Gui J, Morlock EV, Mason RA, Moore JH, and Karagas MR. (2009) Bladder cancer SNP panel predicts susceptibility and survival. Hum. Genet. 125:527-539. PMCID: PMC2763504
- Hanson SM, Morlock EV, Satyshur KA, Czajkowski C (2008). Structural requirements for eszopiclone and zolpidem binding to the gamma-aminobutyric acid type-A (GABAA) receptor are different. J Med Chem. 51:7243-52. PMCID: PMC2645942