Neuropeptides are an important class of signaling molecules and can act as drugs. Currently relatively little is known about neuropeptides and the technology available today is not sufficient to address many of the challenges. This is a promising area that needs both new technologies and creative insight to understand the function of these important signaling molecules. Our research combines the analytical tool development and functional analysis and action mechanisms of neuropeptides at the systems level. Furthermore, we conduct several collaborative research projects that aim at the development and evaluation of peptide-based therapeutics and efficacy of drug delivery via mass spectrometry-based approaches.
- A. Buchberger, Q. Yu, and L. Li* (2015). Advances in mass spectrometric tools for probing neuropeptides. Annual Review of Analytical Chemistry, 8, 485-509. doi: 10.1146/annurev-anchem-071114-040210
- C. Ouyang, Z. Liang, and L. Li* (2015). Mass spectrometric analysis of spatio-temporal dynamics of crustacean neuropeptides. Biochim Biophys Acta (BBA). Invited contribution to Special Issue on Neuroproteomics. 1854, 798-811. DOI: 10.1016/j.bbapap.2014.10.023.
- D. Frost, T. Greer, and L. Li* (2015). High resolution enabled 12-plex isobaric tags for quantitative proteomics. Analytical Chemistry. 87, 1646-1654. DOI:10.1021/ac503276z, Featured on the journal cover for February 3 issue and highlighted on ACS Podcast.
- H. Ye, R. Mandal, A. Catherman, P. M. Thomas, N. Kellerher, C. Ikonomidou, and L. Li* (2014). Top-down proteomics with mass spectrometry imaging: a pilot study towards discovery of biomarkers for neurodevelopmental disorders. PLOS ONE. 9(4):e92831, doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0092831. Epub 2014 Apr 7, eCollection 2014.
- C. Schmerberg, Z. Liang, and L. Li* (2015). Data-independent MS/MS quantification of neuropeptides for determination of putative feeding-related neurohormones in microdialysate. ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 6, 174-180. doi: 10.1021/cn500253u.