- Since August 2014, Maya has been working as a post-doc at the University of California in San Diego
- Wickert LE, Karta MR, Audhya A, Gern JE, and Bertics PJ (2014). Simvastatin attenuates rhinovirus-induced interferon and CXCL10 secretion from monocytic cells in vitro. J Leukoc Biol. 2014 Feb 14. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24532643 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher]
- Karta MR, Gavala ML, Curran CS, Wickert LE, Keely PJ, Gern JE, and Bertics PJ (2014). Lipopolysaccharide modulates rhinovirus-induced chemokine secretion in monocytes and macrophages. American Journal of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology (In Press). 2014 Feb 5. [Epub ahead of print]PMID: 24498897 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher]
- Karta MR, Wickert LE, Curran CS, Gavala ML, Denlinger LC, Gern JE, and Bertics PJ (2014). Allergen challenge in vivo alters rhinovirus-induced chemokine secretion from human airway macrophages. J Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Gavala ML, Hill LM, Lenertz LY, Karta MR, and Bertics PJ (2010). Activation of the transcription factor FosB/activating protein-1 (AP-1) is a prominent downstream signal of the extracellular nucleotide receptor P2RX7 in monocytic and osteoblastic cells. J Biol Chem. 285:34288-34298. PMCID: PMC2962527