- 2010: Scott received the Ruth Kirschstein NRSA F32 Postdoctoral Fellowship from the NIH NIDDK (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases) in 2010. The fellowship is active from 5/01/2010 through 4/30/2013.
Cloning, RNAi generation and application, RNA extraction, qRT-PCR, Chromatin Immunoprecipitation, Endogenous protein extraction, Recombinant protein production, Western blotting, Cell culture (multiple mammalian lines), Data analysis (Excel, Access), Manuscript/Fellowship writing (Word), Data presentation (Powerpoint).
Skills & Expertise
- Western Blotting
- Cell Culture
- RNA isolation
- recombinant DNA technology
- Molecular Cloning
Awards & Honors
- F32 NRSA fellowship studying transcriptional control of adipogenesis.
- Recipient of a competitive predoctoral position on a T32 training grant for two consecutive years (2002-2004).
- LeBlanc SE, Konda S, Wu Q, Hu YJ, Oslowski CM, Sif S, and Imbalzano AN (2012). Protein arginine methyltransferase 5 (Prmt5) promotes gene expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ2 (PPARγ2) and its target genes during adipogenesis. Mol Endocrinol. 26:583-597. Epub 2012. PMCID: PMC3327358
- Xiao H, Leblanc SE, Wu Q, Konda S, Salma N, Marfella CG, Ohkawa Y, and Imbalzano AN (2011). Chromatin accessibility and transcription factor binding at the PPAR ≥2 promoter during adipogenesis is protein kinase A-dependent. J Cell Physiol. 226:86-93. PMCID: PMC3351037
- Marfella CG, Henninger N, LeBlanc SE, Krishnan N, Garlick DS, and Holzman LB, Imbalzano AN (2008). A mutation in the mouse Chd2 chromatin remodeling enzyme results in a complex renal phenotype. Kidney Blood Press Res. 31:421-432. PMCID: PMC2818461
- Shamim M, Nanjappa SG, Singh A, Plisch EH, LeBlanc SE, Walent J, Svaren J, Seroogy C, and Suresh M (2007) Cbl-b regulates antigen-induced TCR down-regulation and IFN-gamma production by effector CD8 T cells without affecting functional avidity. J Immunol. 179:7233-7243. PMID:18025165
- LeBlanc SE, Ward RM, and Svaren J (2007). Neuropathy-associated Egr2 mutants disrupt cooperative activatio of myelin protein zero by Egr2 and Sox10. Mol Cell Bio. 27:3521-3529. PDF PMCID: PMC1899967
- Jang SW, LeBlanc SE, Roopra A, Wrabetz L, and Svaren J (2006). In vivo detection of Egr2 binding to target genes during peripheral nerve myelination. J Neurochem. 98:1678-1687. PDF PMID:16923174
- LeBlanc SE, Jang SW, Ward RM, Wrabetz L, and Svaren J (2006). Direct regulation of myelin protein zero expression by the Egr2 transactivator. J Biol Chem. 281:5453-5460. PDF PMID:16373334
- Leblanc SE, Srinivasan R, Ferri C, Mager GM, Gillian-Daniel AL, Wrabetz L, and Svaren J (2005). Regulation of cholesterol/lipid biosynthetic genes by Egr2/Krox20 during peripheral nerve myelination. J Neurochem. 93:737-748.PDF PMID:15836632
- Shi Y, Venkataraman SL, Dodson GE, Mabb AM, LeBlanc SE, and Tibbetts RS (2004). Direct regulation of CREB transcriptional activity by ATM in response to genotoxic stress. PNAS USA.101:5898-5903
- Kenowski ML, LeBlanc SE, Svaren J, and Jarrard DF (2004). A loss of insulin-like growth factor-2 imprinting is modulated by CCCTC-binding factor down-regulation at senescence in human epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 279:52218-52226.