Amit Bhatt, MD, PhD
Position title: Radiation Oncologist, McLaren Health Care, Lansing, MI
Phone: Advisor: Dr. Anna Huttenlocher
Research Interest: Role of calpain in focal complex disassembly and translocation using live imaging approaches
- Dr. Bhatt is a radiation oncology physician with the Karmanos Cancer Institute associated with McLaren hospital in Lansing, Michigan. Dr. Bhatt works with a multidisciplinary team to treat and cure many different types of cancer.
- 2006: Amit K. Bhatt is a Post-doctoral Fellow here at the UW-Madison Hospital and Clinics in the Department of Radiation Oncology. He graduated from Rush Medical School in Chicago, IL May 2006.
- Languages Spoken: English, Chinese, Spanish
- Bhatt AK, and Huttenlocher A. (2003) Dynamic imaging of cell-substrate contacts. Methods Enzymol. 361:337-352. No abstract available. PMID: 12624919 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Sperduto PW, Sneed PK, Roberge D, Shanley R. Luo X, Luo X, Weil RJ, Suh J,Bhatt A, Jensen AW, Brown PD, Shih HA, Kirkpatrick J, Gaspar LE, Fiveash JB, Knisely JP, Lin N, and Mehta M. (2012). In regard to Yamamoto et al. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 84:875-7; discussion 877. NO abstract available. PMID:23078894
- Sperduto PW, Kased N, Roberge D, Xu Z, Shanley R. Luo X, Sneed PK, Chao ST, Weil RJ, Suh J, Bhatt A, Jensen AW, Brown PD, Shih HA, Kirkpatrick J, Gaspar LE< Fiveash JB, Chiang V, Knisely JP, Sperduto CM, Lin N, and Mehta M. (2012). Summary report on the graded prognostic assessment: an accurate and facile diagnosis-specific tool to estimate survival for patients with brain metastases. J Clin Oncol. 30: 419-425. PMCID: PMC 3269967
- Sperduto PW, Kased N, Roberge D, Xu Z, Shanley R, Luo X, Sneed PK, Chao ST, Weil RJ, Suh J, Bhatt A, et. al. (2012). Effect of tumor subtype on survival and the graded prognostic assessment for patients with breast cancer and brain metastates. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol PHys. 83(5):2111-2117. PMCID: PMC 3172400. Epub 2011 Apr 15
- Sperduto PW, Chao ST, Sneed PK, Luo X, Suh J, Roberge D, Bhatt A, Jensen AW, et. al. (2010). Diagnosis-specific prognostic factors, indexes, and treatment outcomes for patients with newly diagnosed brain metastases: a multi-institutional analysis of 4,259 patients. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 77:655-661. Epub 2009 Nov 26. PMID: 19942357