Amanda (Urban) Branam Phd
Postdoctoral Fellow, Peterson Lab, School of Pharmacy, University of Wisconsin–Madison
Advisor: Dr. Daniel Greenspan
Research Interest: Defining roles for chordin-like and clade B fibrillar collagen chains in the zebrafish model organism
- A major research goal of Amanda’s laboratory is to determine at the molecular and cellular levels the mechanism by which the environmental contaminant, 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-pdioxin dioxin causes developmental toxicity. For this purpose they use two vertebrate models, the zebrafish and rat or mouse.
- Branam AM, Davis NM, Moore RW, Schneider AJ, Vezina CM, Peterson RE. (2013) TCDD inhibition of canonical Wnt signaling disrupts prostatic bud formation in mouse urogenital sinus. Toxicol Sci. 133:42-53. Epub 2013 Feb 20. PMID: 23429912 [PubMed – in process]
- Kim J, Woo AJ, Chu J, Snow J, Fujiwara Y, Kim CG, Cantor AB, and Orkin SH. (2010) A Myc network accounts for similarities between embryonic stem and cancer cell transcription programs. Cell 143: 313-324.
- Branam AM, Davis NM, Moore RW, Schneider AJ, Vezina CM, Peterson RE.TCDD inhibition of canonical wnt signaling disrupts prostatic bud formation in mouse urogenital sinus. Toxicol Sci. 2013 May;133(1):42-53. doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kft027. Epub 2013 Feb 20. PMID:23429912
- Keil KP, Mehta V, Branam AM, Abler LL, Buresh-Stiemke RA, Joshi PS, Schmitz CT, Marker PC, Vezina CM. (2012) Wnt Inhibitory Factor 1 (Wif1) Is Regulated by Androgens and Enhances Androgen-Dependent Prostate Development. Endocrinology. 2012 Oct 18. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 23087175
- Branam AM, Hoffman GG, Pelegri F, and Greenspan DS. (2010) Zebrafish Chordin-like and Chordin Are Functionally Redundant in Regulating Patterning of the Dorsoventral Axis. Dev Biol. 341:444-458. Epub 2010 Mar 11. PMCID: PMC2862114
- Hoffman GG, Branam AM, Huang G, Pelegri F, Cole WG, Wenstrup RM, and Greenspan DS. (2010) Characterization of the six zebrafish clade B fibrillar procollagen genes, with evidence for evolutionarily conserved alternative splicing within the pro-alpha1(V) C-propeptide. Matrix Biol. 29:261-275. Epub 2010 Jan 25. PMCID: PMC2862785
- Jasuja R, Ge G, Voss NG, Lyman-Gingerich J, Branam AM, Pelegri FJ, and Greenspan DS. (2007) Bone morphogenetic protein 1 prodomain specifically binds and regulates signaling by bone morphogenetic proteins 2 and 4. J Biol Chem. 282:9053-9062. PMID: 17255107