Keefe Chan, PhD
Position title: Research Officer, Division of Cancer Research, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia
Phone: Advisor: Dr. Anna Huttenlocher
Research Interest: Mechanisms of cell migration
- Chan KT, Creed SJ, and Bear JE. (2011) Unraveling the enigma: progress towards understanding the coronin family of actin regulators. Trends Cell Biol. 21:481-488. Epub 2011 Jun 1. Review. PMCID: PMC3163407
- Liu W, Monahan KB, Pfefferle AD, Shimamura T. Sorrention J. Chan KT, Roadcap DW, Ollila DW, Thomas NE, Castrillon DH, Miller CR, Perou CM, Wong KK, Bear JE, Sharpless NE. LKB1/STK11 inactivation leads to expansion of a prometastatic tumor subpopulation in melanoma. Cancer Cell. 2012 Jun 12;21(6):751-64. doi: 10.1016/j.ccr.2012.03.048. PMID: 22698401
- Chan KT, Roadcap DW, Holoweckyj N, Bear JE. Coronin 1C harbours a second actin-binding site that confers co-operative binding fo F-acting. Biochem J. 2012 May 15;444(1):89-96. doi: 10.1042/BJ20120209
- Chan KT, Bennin DA, Huttenlcoher A. Regulation of adhesion dynamics by calpain-mediated proteolysis of focal adhesion kinase (FAK). J Biol Chem. 2010 Apr 9;285(15):11418-26. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M109.090746. Epub 2010 Feb 11. PMID: 20150423
- Chan KT, Cortesio CL,Huttenlocher A, FAK alters invadopodia and focal adhesion composition and dynamics to regulate breast cancer invasion. J Cell Biol. 2009 Apr 20;185(2):357-70. doi: 10.1083/jcb.200809110. Epub 2009 Apr 13. PMID 19364917
- Chan KT, Cortesio CL, and Huttenlocher A. (2009) “FAK differentially modulates invadopodia and focal adhesion composition and dynamics to regulate breast cancer invasion.” (Submitted)
- Cortesio CL, Chan KT, and Huttenlocher A. (2008) “Adhesion Dynamics in Motile Cells.” Cell Junctions. Adhesion, Development, and Disease. 1:71-88.
- Lokuta MA, Senetar MA, Bennin DA, Nuzzi, PA, Chan KT, Ott VL, and Huttenlocher A. (2007) “Type IΓ PIP kinase is a novel uropod component that regulates rear retraction during neutrophil chemotaxis.” Molecular Biology of the Cell. 18:5069-5080.
- Cortesio CL, Chan KT, Perrin BJ, Burton NO, Zhang S, Zhang ZY, and Huttenlocher A. (2008) “Calpain 2 and PTP1B function in a novel pathway with Src to regulate invadopodia dynamics and breast cancer cell invasion.” J. Cell Biology. 180:957-971.
- Chan KT, Cortesio CL and Huttenlocher A. (2007) “Integrins in Cell Migration.”Methods in Enzymology. 426:47-67 PMID: 17697879.