Jaehyung “Gus” Cho, Phd
Position title: Professor, Department of Medicine and Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
Phone: Advisor: Dr. Deane Mosher
Research Interest: Mechanisms mediating cell-cell interactions during thrombosis and vascular inflammation
- Washington University Website
- Dr. Cho
- Kim K, Li J, Barazia A, Tseng A, Youn SW, Abbadessa G, Yu Y, Schwartz B, Andrews RK, Gordeuk VR, Cho J. ARQ 092, an orally-available, selective AKT inhibitor, attenuates neutrophil-platelet interactions in sickle cell disease. Haematologica. In Press.
- Barazia A, Li K, Kim K, Shabrani N, Cho J. Hydroxyurea with AKT2 inhibition decreases vaso-occlusive events in sickle cell disease mice. Blood. 126: 2511-2517, 2015. (cover image)
- Kim K, Li J, Tseng A, Andrews RK, Cho J. NOX2 is critical for heterotypic neutrophil-platelet interactions during vascular inflammation. Blood. 126: 1952-64, 2015.
- Li J, Kim K, Hahm E, Molokie R, Hay N, Gordeuk VR, Du X, Cho J. Neutrophil Akt2 regulates heterotypic cell-cell interactions during vascular inflammation. J Clin Invest. 124:1483-96, 2014. (Commentary in J Clin Invest. 124:1462-65, 2014).
- Kim K, Hahm E, Li J, Holbrook LM, Sasikumar P, Stanley RG, Ushio-Fukai M, Gibbins JM, Cho J. Platelet protein disulfide isomerase is required for thrombus formation but not for hemostasis in mice. Blood. 122:1052-61, 2013.
- Hahm E, Li J, Kim K, Huh S, Rogelj S, Cho J. Extracellular protein disulfide isomerase regulates ligand binding activity of αMβ2 inegrin and neutrophil recruitment during vascular inflammation. Blood. 121:3789-800, 2013. (Plenary Paper) (Commentary in Blood. 121:3779-80, 2013).
- Lu SJ, Li F, Yin H, Feng Q, Kimbrel E, Hahm E, Thon J, Wang W, Italiano JE Jr, Cho J, Lanza R. Platelets generated from human embryonic stem cells are functional in vitro and in the microcirculation of living mice. Cell Res. 21: 530-45, 2011. (Co-corresponding author).
- Barthel SR, Wiese GK, Cho J, Opperman MJ, Hays DL, Siddiqui J, Pienta KJ, Furie B, and Dimitroff CJ. (2009) Alpha 1,3 fucosyltransferases are master regulators of prostate cancer cell trafficking. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A.106:19491-19496. Epub 2009 Nov 4.PMID: 19889975
- Cho J, Furie BC, Coughlin SR, and Furie B. (2008). A critical role for extracellular protein disulfide isomerase during thrombus formation in mice. J Clin Invest. 118:1123-31
- Cho J and Mosher DF. (2006). Enhancement of thrombo-genesis by plasma fibronectin crosslinked to fibrin and assembled in platelet thrombi. Blood. 107:3555-3563. PDF PMID 16391013
- Cho J and Mosher DF. (2006). Role of fibronectin assembly in platelet thrombus formation. J Thromb Haemost. 4:1461-1469. PDF PMID 16839338
- Cho J and Mosher DF. (2006). Characterization of fibronectin assembly by platelets adherent to adsorbed laminin-111. J Thromb Haemost. 4:943-951. PDFPMID 16689739
- Cho J and Mosher DF. (2006). Impact of fibronectin assembly on platelet thrombus formation in response to type I collagen and von Willebrand factor.Blood. 108:2229-2236 PDF PMID 16735600
- Cho J, Degen JL, Coller BS, and Mosher DF. (2005). Fibrin but not adsorbed fibrinogen supports fibronectin assembly by spread platelets: effects of the interaction of ±II3û43û43 with the C-terminus of the fibrinogen chain. J Biol Chem. 280:35490-35498. PDF PMID 16051597
- Cho JH, Yun CH, Seo HS, Koga T, Dan T, Koo BA, and Kim HY. (2001). The antithrombotic efficacy of AT-1459, a novel, direct thrombin inhibitor, in rat models of venous and arterial thrombosis. Thromb Haemost. 86:1512-1520. PMID 11776321
- Cho JH, Seo H, Yun C, Koo B, Yoshida S, Koga T, Dan T, and Kim HY. (2000).In vitro and in vivo studies of AT-1362, a newly synthesized and orally active inhibitor of thrombin. Thromb Res. 100:97-107. PDF PMID 11053622