Jason (Haichuan) Duan, PhD
Position title: Software Development Engineer, Amazon, Seattle, WA
Phone: Advisor: Dr. Colin Jefcoate
Research Interest: Post-transcriptional regulation of the Steroidogenic Acute Regulatory Protein (StAR) gene and its link to cholesterol metabolism
- About Haichuan Duan’s research: Highly motivated researcher with strong background in pharmacokinetics/ADME, pharmacology, signal transduction and molecular/cellular biology. Years of hands-on experience with in vitro cell culture and in vivo mouse models in pharmacokinetic research. Highly analytical with strong problem-solving skills and independent research capabilities. Demonstrate excellent leadership in steering projects and the ability to collaborate with peer scientists.
- Specialties: Pharmacokinetics, ADME, Drug Transporter, Bioassay Development, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Transgenic Mice, Cell Culture
- Duan H and Wang J (2013). Impaired monoamine and organic cation uptake in choroid plexus in mice with targeted disruption of the plasma membrane monoamine transporter (Slc29a4) gene.J Biol Chem. 288:3535-3544. PMID: 23255610
- Ho HT, Pan Y, Cui Z, Duan H, Swaan PW, and Wang J (2011). Molecular analysis and structure-activity relationship modeling of the substrate/inhibitor interaction site of plasma membrane monoamine transporter. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 339:376-385. PMCID: PMC3199987
- Jefcoate CR, Lee J, Cherradi N, Takemori H, and Duan H (2011). cAMP stimulation of StAR expression and cholesterol metabolism is modulated by co-expression of labile suppressors of transcription and mRNA turnover. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 336:53-62. Review. PMCID: PMC3404512
- Duan H and Wang J (2010). Selective transport of monoamine neurotransmitters by human plasma membrane monoamine transporter and organic cation transporter 3. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 335:743-53. Epub 2010 Sep 21
- Zhou M, Duan H, Engel KXia Land Wang J (2010). Adenosine transport by plasma membrane monoamine transporter: reinvestigation and comparison with organic cations. Drug Metab Dispos. 38:1798-805. Epub 2010 Jun 30.
- Duan H, Cherradi N, Feige JJ, and Jefcoate C (2009). cAMP-dependent posttranscriptional regulation of steroidogenic acute regulatory (STAR) protein by the zinc finger protein ZFP36L1/TIS11b. Mol Endocrinol.23:497-509. Epub 2009 Jan 29.
- Duan H and Jefcoate CR (2007). The predominant cAMP-stimulated 3 x 5 kb StAR mRNA contains specific sequence elements in the extended 3’UTR that confer high basal instability. J Mol Endocrinol. 38:159-179. PMID 17242178
- Zhao D, Duan H, Kim YC, and Jefcoate CR (2005). Rodent StAR mRNA is substantially regulated by control of mRNA stability through sites in the 3′-untranslated region and through coupling to ongoing transcription. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 96:155-173. PMID 16039847
- Duan H and Jefcoate C (2004). Effective StAR expression in mouse MA-10 and Y-1 cells: extensive overexpression does not increase basal or cAMP-induced steroidogenesis. Endocr Res. 30:769. PMID 15666824