Angela Mabb, Phd
Assistant Professor, Neuroscience, Georgia State University
Advisor: Dr. Shigeki Miyamoto
- Dr. Mabb recently joined the faculty ranks at Georgia State University in 2016 and is currently Assistant Professor at the Neuroscience Institute and Center for Behavioral Neurosciences.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of North Carolina, 2011 – 2016
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Duke University, 2007 – 2011
- Peixoto RT, Kunz PA, Kwon H, Mabb AM, Sabatini BL, Philpot BD, and Ehlers MD (2012). Transsynaptic signaling by activity-dependent cleavage of neuroligin-1. Neuron. 76:396-409. Erratum in: Neuron. 76:667. PMID:23083741 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Huang H-S*, Allen JA*, Mabb AM, King IF, Miriyala JL, Taylor-Blake B, Sciaky N, Dutton JW, Lee H-M, Chen X, Jin J, Bridges AS, Zylka MJ, Roth BL, and Philpot BD (2011). Topoisomerase inhibitors unsilence the dormant allele of Ube3a in neurons. Nature. 481:185-189. PMCID: PMC3257422
- Lee MH, Mabb AM, Gill GB, Yeh ET, and Miyamoto S (2011). NF-κB Induction of the SUMO Protease SENP2: A Negative Feedback Loop to Attenuate Cell Survival Response to Genotoxic Stress. Mol Cell. 43:180-191. PMCID: PMC3172129
- Yang Y, Xia F, Hermance N, Mabb A, Simonson S, Morrissey S, Gandhi P, Munson M, Miyamoto S, and Kelliher MA (2011). A cytosolic ATM/NEMO/RIP1 complex recruits TAK1 to mediate the NF-kB and p38 MAP kinase/MAPKAP-2 responses to DNA damage. Mol Cell Biol. 31:2774-2786. PMCID: PMC3133388
- Mabb AM*, Judson MC*, Zylka MJ, and Philpot BD (2011). Angelman Syndrome: Insights into Genomic Imprinting and Neurodevelopmental Phenotypes. Trends Neurosci. 34:293-303. Review. This review was the featured cover article. PMCID: PMC3116240
- Mabb AM and Ehlers MD (2010). Ubiquitination in postsynaptic function and plasticity. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 26:179-210. PMCID: PMC3163670
- Mabb AM and Miyamoto S (2007). SUMO and NF-kB Ties. Cell Mol Life Sci.64:1979-1996. Review. PMID:17530464
- Mabb AM, Wuerzberger-Davis SM, Miyamoto S (2006). PIASy mediates NEMO sumoylation and NF-kB activation in response to genotoxic stress. Nat Cell Biol.8:986-93. PMID:16906147
- Wu ZH, Mabb A, and Miyamoto S (2005). PIDD: A Switch Hitter. Cell. 123:980-982.
- Shi Y, Venkataraman SL, Dodson GE, Mabb AM, LeBlanc S, Tibbetts RS (2004). Direct regulation of CREB transcriptional activity by ATM in response to genotoxic stress. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 101:5898-5903. PMCID: PMC395895