Daniel Matson, MD, PhD
Position title: Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Room 1770 WIMR
Department of Pathology & Lab Medicine
1111 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
- Lab Website
- Daniel Matson Laboratory
Disorders of the blood and bone marrow are of great public health significance. During development and in the adult bone marrow, a relatively small number of critical transcription factors promote complex and diverse cellular processes to bring about faithful and timely hematopoiesis. The mechanisms by which these factors interface with chromatin to modulate gene expression, and the partner factors that are critical for this function, are the primary research focus of the Matson Laboratory.
- Mehta C, Fraga de Andrade I, Matson DR, Dewey CN, Bresnick EH. RNA-regulatory exosome complex confers cellular survival to promote erythropoiesis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2021 Jun 1.
- Smeenk L, Ottema S, Mulet-Lazaro R, Ebert A, Havermans M, Arricibita Varea A, Fellner M, Pastoors D, van Herk S, Erpelinck-Verschueren C, Grob T, Hoogenboezem RM, Kavelaars FG, Matson DR, Bresnick EH, Bindels EM, Kentsis A, Zuber J, Delwel R. Selective requirement of MYB for oncogenic hyperactivation of a translocated enhancer in leukemia. Cancer Discov. 2021 May 12.
- Matson DR, Denu RA, Zasadil LM, Burkard ME, Weaver BA, Flynn C, Stukenberg PT. High nuclear TPX2 expression correlates with TP53 mutation and poor clinical behavior in a large breast cancer cohort, but is not an independent predictor of chromosomal instability. BMC Cancer. 2021 Feb 23;21(1):186.
- Matson DR, Stukenberg PT. CENP-I and Aurora B act as a molecular switch that ties RZZ/Mad1 recruitment to kinetochore attachment status. J Cell Biol. 2014 May 26;205(4):541-54.
- Matson DR, Demirel PB, Stukenberg PT, Burke DJ. A conserved role for COMA/CENP-H/I/N kinetochore proteins in the spindle checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2012 Mar 15;26(6):542-7.