Brian Torres, PhD
Position title: Honorary Fellow, Ruoho Lab, UW-Madison
Phone: Advisor: Dr. Arnold Ruoho
Research Interest: Vesicular monoamine transporter 2: regulation of activity and turnover
- Brindikova, TA; Bourcier, N; Torres, B; Pchejetski, D; Gekle, M; Maximov, GV; Montminy, V; Insel, PA; Orlov, SN; and Isenring ,P. (2003) Purinergic-induced signaling in C11-MDCK cells inhibits the secretory Na-K-Cl cotransporter. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 285:C1445-1453.
- Hughes, RJ; Torres, B; Zambon, AC; Arthur, D; Bohmann, C; Rump, LC; and Insel, PA. (2003) Expression of multiple P2Y receptors by MDCK-D1 cells: P2Y1 receptor cloning and signaling. Drug Development Res 59: 1-7.
- Buscher R, Eilmes KJ, Grasemann H, Torres B, Knauer N, Sroka K, Insel PA, and Ratjen F. (2002) beta2 adronoceptor gene polymorphisms in cystic fibrosis lung disease. Pharmacogenetics 12:347-353.
- Torres B, Zambon AC, and Insel PA. (2002) P2Y11 receptors activate adenylyl cyclase and contribute to nucleotide-promoted camp formation in MDCK-D(1) cells. A mechanism for nucleotide-mediated autocrine-paracrine regulation. J. Biol. Chem 277:7761-7765.
- Zambon AC, Brunton LL, Barrett KE, Hughes RJ Torres B, and Insel PA. (2001) Cloning, expression, signaling mechanisms, and membrane targeting of P2y(11) receptors in Madin Darby canine kidney cells. Mol Pharmacol. 60:26-35.
- Insel PA, Ostrom RS, Zambon AC Hughes RJ, Balboa MA, Shehnaz D, Gregorian C, Torres B, Firestein BL, Xing M, and Post SR. (2001) P2Y receptors of MDCK cells: epithelial cell regulation by extracellular nucleotides. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physio. 28:351-354.
- Zambon AC, Hughes RJ, Meszaros JG, Wu JJ, Torres B, Brunton, LL and Insel, PA. (2000) P2Y(2) receptor of MDCK cells: cloning, expression, and cell-specific signaling. Am J. Physiol Renal Physiol 279:F1045-1052.
- Shehnaz D, Torres B, Balboa MA and Insel PA. Pyriodxal-phosphate-6-azophenyl 2’ 4’ – disulfonate (PPADS), a putative P2Y (1) receptor antagonist, blocks signaling at a site distal to the receptor in Madin-Darby canine kidney-D(1) cells. J. of Pharm and Exp. Therapeutics 292:346-350.